Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Lloyd Millard Bentsen Jr., (February 11, 1921– May 23, 2006)


The passing of Sen. Bentsen allows us here At GT12 to reflect, no, bask in the warm light of his place in our mission of shaming the antics of The Bush Crime Family. Remember, before there was the Moron in Chief, there was the Nincompoop In Chief. And NIC had his own history of foolish and irresponsible personnel choices.

From the 1988 Vice Presidential Debate, this classic moment:

QUAYLE: Three times that I've had this question - and I will try to answer it again for you, as clearly as I can, because the question you are asking is what kind of qualifications does Dan Quayle have to be president, what kind of qualifications do I have and what would I do in this kind of a situation. And what would I do in this situation? .... I have as much experience in the Congress as Jack Kennedy did when he sought the presidency. I will be prepared to deal with the people in the Bush administration, if that unfortunate event would ever occur.

WOODRUFF: Senator Bentsen.

BENTSEN: Senator, I served with Jack Kennedy, I knew Jack Kennedy, Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, you are no Jack Kennedy. (Prolonged shouts and applause) What has to be done in a situation like that is to call in the -

WOODRUFF: Please, please, once again you are only taking time away from your own candidate.

QUAYLE: That was really uncalled for, Senator. (Shouts and applause)

BENTSEN: You are the one that was making the comparison, Senator - and I'm one who knew him well. And frankly I think you are so far apart in the objectives you choose for your country that I did not think the comparison was well-taken.


Aaaah, that's Good

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»