Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Maybe We Should See This


I bought 'The Mayor of Castro Street' right after Unabridged books stocked it.


I attended the world premier of 'The Times of Harvey Milk' the documentary based on the book.




For those of you not acquainted with Milk and his story I may have insist that you see this movie.


I can vouch for the book, having read it 4 or five times. In the early days of Reagan it was great to read a book that made me want to march in the streets. Harvey showed me that fear is a problem only if you let it influence how you lead your life. I learned to make fear somebody else's problem. Or nobody's; It didn't matter as long as it was not stopping me.


Seems like the type book Howard Dean or Barack Obama might have taken some notes from.


This is a season of hope.

No comments: