Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Truely A Third Term For Bush

More Stupidity to guide our Foreign Policy.

GODDAMIT, THE MAN JUST DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THE BASICS.

Salon reports:
Joe Klein (TIME): [I've] checked with the Obama campaign and he never, he's never said -- mentioned Ahmadinejad directly by name. He did say he would negotiate with the leaders, but as you know -- Ayatollah …


McCain: (Laughing) Ahmadinejad is, was the leader.

Klein: But if --


McCain: Maybe I'm mistaken.

Klein: Maybe you are, because --

McCain: Maybe. I don't think so though.


Klein: The Supreme, you know, according to most diplomatic experts, the Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei is the guy who's in charge of Iranian foreign policy and also in charge of the nuclear program, but you never mention him. Do you, you know, um, why do you always keep talking about Ahmadinejad, since he doesn't have power in that, in that realm?

McCain: Oh I think -- Again, I respectfully disagree. When he's the person that comes to the United Nations and declares his country's policy is the extermination of the state of Israel, quote, in his words, wipe them off of the map, then I know that he is speaking for the Iranian government and articulating their policy and he was elected and is running for reelection as the leader of that country ... I mean, the fact is he's the acknowledged leader of that country and you may disagree, but that's, uh, that's your right to do so. But I think if you asked any average American who the leader of Iran is, I think they'd know. Or anyone who's well-versed in the issue.

***GT12 Note: The Average American depends on her leaders to know stuff that they don't and to make informed decisions that they can't. Fucking Moron.

No comments: