Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Today

We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battle-field, and patriot grave, to every living heart and hearth-stone, all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.

For the first time in my life I see the America that I was raised to believe in.

I tell myself that this is not really enough, that he still has to be President, he still has to do the job. but right now my heart says that my country is saved and that the people of my country saved it by voting for this man.

We chose Wisdom over Reaction, Accomplishment over Aristocracy, The ethnicity that we are over the ethnicity that we were, What we need over what we know, Our dreams over our nightmares, United States over Red and Blue States


How great are we?

No comments: