Tuesday, May 22, 2007

In Summation


Wolcott finds the succinctest of all debate wrap-ups

For those who missed the Punch & Judy Show that Rudy Giuliani and Ron Paul performed the other night as a shiny array of business-suited window-display mannequins stood rooted behind their Jeopardy lecterns, fret not--Roy Edroso keenly distills the salient highlights:


BROWNBACK: If you're raped, you should have a baby.


ROMNEY: I am recently and totally pro-life.


TANCREDO: I hate Mexicans. These guys love Mexicans.


McCAIN: Well, at least Mexicans aren't Muslims.


ROMNEY: Mexicans shouldn't get a special pathway. Or doorway. Citizenship! (applause)


McCAIN: Why's everyone looking at me? Abortion!


GIULIANI: I'm not soft. I'm hard! I'm America's Mayor! We need tamper proof IDs! And a fence!


HUNTER: I built a motherfucking fence.


PAUL: We really fucked up in Iraq. (applause)


GIULIANI: 9/11! 9/11! (cheers, gunfire)

No comments: