Wednesday, August 22, 2007

TMI? TFB.


There is a essay detailing Karl Rove's (adoptive) father pioneering role in the body piercing movement of the '70's.

Louie was the first gay man to introduce me to piercing. After a career as a geologist for Getty Oil, he had retired in Palm Springs and owned an up-scale house off Farrell Street, at the end of Santa Ynez Way...


Louie loved his piercings, they made him smile. People who are pierced will understand.



So there on the floor in his library, amid teaching videos on piercings and piles of PFIQ’s, I listened to one man’s account of his travels through the Los Angeles piercing community in the 70’s and 80’s — the “piercing parties” with folks getting pierced on coffee tables in private homes, nurses that helped, and a guy named Jim. I knew about Jim. I had both my nipples pierced at The Gauntlet.



The rest (with pix) here.

I've always had little trouble seeing why most of what Rove has done would not cause him loss of sleep. But I think the willingness to demonize the community that his father was from is the proof that Rove is, at his core, a bad bad bad man.

No comments: