Monday, November 27, 2006

Tidings of Comfort and Joy

When I have to go into the office in suburban Barrington Illinois (about 50% of my workdays find me there) I drive by one of the biggest mega-churches in the country ( and probably the biggest in the state. I have gotten lost several times in the parking lot after having been re-routed for one reason or another (talk about your seventh level of Hell). Democrat Melissa Bean has just won re-election to Congress from this wealthy and traditionally Republican district. As this was a re-election, I guess you could say that she is a cultural leader.

From Political Wire:

"Democrats made large gains in suburbia in this month's elections, pushing Republican turf to the outer edges of major population centers in a trend that could signal trouble for the GOP," reports USA Today."

Democrats carried nearly 60% of the U.S. House vote in inner suburbs in the nation's 50 largest metropolitan areas, up from about 53% in 2002."

No comments: