Thursday, November 09, 2006

It's Sooo Hard To Act Butch


Of Course this:


CNN's John King just reported that Ken Mehlman will be leaving as chair of the Republican National Committee (i.e., head of the Republican party) by the end of the year. Apparently Kenny's just tuckered out. According to King, "He's been on the gerbil wheel, as one of his close friends put it, for well in excess of six years now and he's tired."



Has nothing to do with this:


Partial transcript of Bill Maher's Live appearance on Larry King Live:

BM: A lot of the chiefs of staff, the people who really run the underpinnings of the Republican Party, are gay. I don't want to mention names, but I will Friday night...


LK:You will Friday night?


BM: Well, there's a couple of big people who I think everyone in Washington knows who run the Republican...


LK: You will name them?


BM: Well, I wouldn't be the first. I'd get sued if I was the first. Ken Mehlman. Ok, there's one I think people have talked about. I don't think he's denied it when he's been, people have suggested, he doesn't say...


LK: I never heard that. I'm walking around in a fog. I never...Ken Mehlman? I never heard that. But the question is...


BM: Maybe you don't go to the same bathhouse I do, Larry.

When CNN re-aired the interview later that night, they edited out Larry King and Bill Maher's discussion of Mehlman's potential homosexuality.


Say Goodnight Ken. Oh, and while you're still here, why does your staff think of Gerbils when they think of you?


Just asking.

No comments: